Metropolitan Opera National Council Northwest holds regional and district auditions in the Pacific Northwest for aspiring opera singers as part of the Met’s National Council Auditions program.
Great news: our Northwest Region winner, Ashley Dixon, advanced to the MONC Grand Finals! She competed with 8 other singers (including her husband Carlos Santelli) for a shot at one of the $15,000 prizes.
2017-18 National Council Grand Finalists:
- • Jessica Faselt, soprano, Upper Midwest Region, Minnesota District
- • Megan Grey, mezzo-soprano, Upper Midwest Region, Iowa District
- • Emily Misch, soprano, Eastern Region, New York District
- • Gretchen Krupp, mezzo-soprano, Central Region, Indiana District
- • Danielle Beckvermit, soprano, Eastern Region, New York District
- • Hongni Wu, mezzo-soprano, Eastern Region, New York District
- • Madison Leonard, soprano, Middle Atlantic Region, Capitol District
- • Ashley Dixon, mezzo-soprano, Northwest Region, Washington District
- • Carlos Santelli, tenor, Western Region, Los Angeles District
Northwest Region Finals March 4, 2018
Jasmin White, Soprano, Age 24, Grand Ronde, Oregon, who will both receive $3,000 apiece.
Our distinguished Region Finals judges were: Gregory Henkel, Managing Director: Artistic Administration at the San Francisco Opera; Bénédicte Jourdois, Voice Faculty, The Juilliard School, Manhattan School of Music, and Edward Berkeley, The Juilliard School faculty (primarily as director of undergraduate opera studies) and teaches Shakespeare at Circle in the Square Theater School and Pace University.